UP ECONOMIC CENSUS is an initiative by the UP Govt. in association with Sapio Analytics for conducting Economic survey of the unorganized sector in the state of UP
The survey shall be administered to members of the unorganized sector, that includes individuals who work in an incorporated enterprise but are not part of the payroll process, as well as individuals who own or work in an unincorporated and unorganized enterprise involved in legal activities.
All unincorporated private enterprises owned by individuals or households engaged in the sale or production of goods and services operated on a proprietary or partnership basis and with less than ten total workers shall be considered unorganized and all members of such enterprises shall be considered as working in the unorganized sector.
It is to be executed across all districts of Uttar Pradesh to help create the right policies at various levels by the state government. The end goal is to use the details collected from the survey, along with data collected from secondary research, conduct detailed analytics on the same, and use all of the outputs to recommend policies.
Objectives of the survey
- To study the socio-economic conditions of unregulated labourers in the unorganised sector.
- To study the ground status of Central/ State Government schemes/ initiative benefits for these sectors and its utilization.
- To study the number, size, employment, sector, earnings/ turnover of unorganized sector activities.
- To study the increasing number of child labourers in the unorganised sector.
- To identify the socio-economic characteristics and impact on the living status of labourers involved.
- To identify the educational, health, finance, skill and economic problems of the unorganized sector.
- To identify the contribution of labourers in the unorganized sector to the economy. Estimate overall contribution of unorganized sector in the state GDP and its sub-sectoral share.
- To identify the challenges and measures to solve the problems/ challenges faced by unorganised workers.
- To suggest policy measures, strategic action plans and possible timelines to improve the unorganized sector status. Also based on best practices across the world and within India.
- The methodologies will adopt innovative methods for the survey and study.
- Use innovative tools like android based mobile application for data capturing, GIS/ GPS location/ photographs etc.